Collection photo

Rispondi
Milmaxleo
Contatta:

Collection photo

Messaggio da Milmaxleo » 09/11/2022, 6:44

Hey all! I recently got a good chunk of my collection in one photo, there are only like 6 other E600s I couldn't fit in the photo and some probes. Thought you all might enjoy, I seem to have a taste for the esoteric.

From left to right:

Falcon 5000 (Hunting a copy of Genie 2000 for it)
Ludlum model 12 (Just got this guy for 100$)
Bicron Surveyor 2000
Thermo Scientific E600 Eberline E600 (My go to field meter!) NE
Electra (Needs some love) MINI 6-90 Scaler
Eberline PRM-4

Throughout the photo you can see:

Scionix 2x2 Nal
Victoreen 489-110D (Best pancake you can get, fight me)
Victoreen 489-200 2x2x0.5 Nal TI "Pancake" (Killer but unfortunately rare and fragile frisker)
A pickle probe a friend gave me (You can't see the 'Bata Gamma' label he put on it unfortunately)
SHP-400 (A very rare ion chamber probe for the E600)
TGM End window
Better geiger S-1 (Handy meter for accurate gamma dosimetery)
A nice big chunk of samarskite dug with a friend.
Dresden NPP mug (The hot side of the coolant loop is backed out until you put hot coffee in it!)
A 1uCi Cs-137 source that's more like 0.6uCi now
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

cipndale

Re: Collection photo

Messaggio da cipndale » 15/11/2022, 12:50

Nice collection. Where did you get the falcon? Does it have the MCA integrated? That's a big boy toy! All other stuff seems kid toys compared to the Falcon.
About the samarskite, is that piece from a pegmatite? Which one?

Milmaxleo
Contatta:

Messaggio da Milmaxleo » 18/11/2022, 22:18

[Local Link Removed for Guests] ha scritto: [Local Link Removed for Guests]
15/11/2022, 12:50
Nice collection. Where did you get the falcon? Does it have the MCA integrated? That's a big boy toy! All other stuff seems kid toys compared to the Falcon.
About the samarskite, is that piece from a pegmatite? Which one?
The Falcon came off eBay a while back, managed to snag it for 200 USD. It does have an integrated MCA, and usually a tablet that goes with it that runs the MCA software Genie 2000, unfortunately the tablet is missing, and I'm still on the hunt for a copy of the software.

The samarskite is normally formed in pegmatite, yes, this particular specimen was found under about 8 inches of gravel using a 2x2 NaI Tl on a road paved with mining tailings, in the western part of North Carolina, in the US. I rockhound in my spare time, and currently live in an area with lots of lovely mineral Specimens, some of which happen to be spicy!

I have attached some photos with some Autunite on Muscovite mica, and another chunk of Samarskite with a reading on a pancake probe. These both came from Mitchell Co. NC, USA
I dug the samarskite and found the Autunite being sold at a rock show as a "Yard rock" for 5$ USD.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

cipndale

Messaggio da cipndale » 19/11/2022, 20:55

Wow 200 $?! Lucky you to be there in US. We are paying in blood here in EU for junk. Whatever enters EU from outside also has a 22% tax more. And of course a lot is coming from US universities and gov related labs. When an university here decides to recycle an item, it falls to pieces, while in US they recycle once 5 to 10 years.
Just seen a concluded bid on gov planet (see the pick) and I was about to fall from my seat :lol: . For the amount the guy , one can barely get a lousy scintillator in EU.

cipndale

Messaggio da cipndale » 19/11/2022, 21:07

18/11/2022, 22:18
I have attached some photos with some Autunite on Muscovite mica, ...
That's more likely a biotite and not sure whether that is autunite either.

Milmaxleo
Contatta:

Messaggio da Milmaxleo » 20/11/2022, 0:45

19/11/2022, 21:07

That's more likely a biotite and not sure whether that is autunite either.
It's most assuredly muscovite, the lighting makes it much darker than it is, I know because i asked my geologist buddy the same thing! He also told me most likely autunite, so that's what I go off.

Man that neutron generator was a steal. I am really hoping to track down a copy of genie, I want to get my falcon running pretty bad! Worst comes to worst I'm going to run it off another MCA and PSU, but man would it be nice to avoid that. The deals here in the US are pretty sweet, most of my collection cost me around 100$ each.

cipndale

Messaggio da cipndale » 20/11/2022, 10:15

You should make thin sections from that material. If Uranium is primary in the pegmatite there should be spectacular pleochroic haloes in those micas (whatever they may be).

Milmaxleo
Contatta:

Messaggio da Milmaxleo » 21/11/2022, 5:52

20/11/2022, 10:15
You should make thin sections from that material. If Uranium is primary in the pegmatite there should be spectacular pleochroic haloes in those micas (whatever they may be).
I'll have to ask my geologist bud to help me do that, he has a whole setup and is obsessed with microscopes!

Rispondi

Torna a “Contatori di uso civile”